When Should I Use Healow TeleVisits?
You may opt to check-in with your provider remotely with a TeleVisit rather than come to our office.
Some of the reasons you may want to do a TeleVisit include:
- For high-quality, convenient care, whether you’re at work, at home, or out of town
- Your own doctor will be there for non-emergency and/or follow-up care
- There’s no need to take time off work, hire a babysitter, or pay for the cost of travel to get to the office
- By checking in remotely, you avoid exposure to potentially contagious patients in a doctor’s office waiting room
- TeleVisits are simple – just use your smartphone or computer to connect
What Is Healow?
Healow is the platform we use to connect patients and providers. In addition to your TeleVisits, Healow also helps you stay engaged with your doctor with Patient Engagement tools and trackers, Kiosk check-in, and the ability to book appointments online.
How Do I Schedule a TeleVisit?
While you plan your TeleVisit, make sure you have an active Patient Portal account with a username and password and that you set aside a private location for your call.
Begin your TeleVisit with these 6 easy steps:
- Arrive early: log in to your Patient Portal or begin your appointment through the reminder link in your email.
- Click “Join TeleVisit”: Your patient dashboard will have a link or check the link sent to you in an email reminder.
- Fill out the questionnaire: Provide the requested personal information.
- Click “Proceed”: Check your computer or smartphone’s speed and ability to support the upcoming TeleVisit. While most computers come with a built-in webcam, older models do not, and you will have to attach a webcam externally.
- Click “Start TeleVisit”: You will be added to a virtual waiting room.
- Begin TeleVisit: Your physician will initiate the face-to-face TeleVisit. Disconnect when your TeleVisit ends.
Ready for a Healow TeleVisit? Check with your insurance company on coverage, then give us a call at (818) 242-6811 to book your first TeleVisit!